Savoury Chicken & MushroomPrint Category Whole chicken Thematic No thematic Source Lipton Evaluation
You’re cooking one of our recipes? Share the pictures of your culinary masterpiece on our website for a chance to win an awesome apron from Recipes Quebecoises. There will be a draw every month.
- 4 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 2 ½ to 3 lb (1.25 -1.5 kg) chicken, cut into serving pieces (with or without skin)
- 1 pkg (8 oz/ 227 g) mushrooms, quartered 1 pkg
- 1 pkg Lipton Onion Soup Mix 1 pkg
- 1 1/4 cups water 300 mL
- 1/2 cup dry red wine or water 125 mL
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme or oregano leaves, crushed 2 mL
- In a Dutch oven or large saucepan, cook and stir bacon over medium-high heat 3-5 minutes or until crisp. Remove bacon and set aside; reserve half of drippings.
- Add chicken to reserved drippings in pan and brown over medium-high heat. Remove chicken and set aside; reserve drippings.
- Add mushrooms to pan and cook over medium heat stirring frequently, about 4 minutes. Return chicken and bacon to dutch oven. Stir in Lipton Onion Soup Mix blended with water, wine and thyme.
- Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer gently covered 40 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.