Warm Chunky Crab SpreadPrint Category Spread Thematic No thematic Source Clover Leaf Evaluation
You’re cooking one of our recipes? Share the pictures of your culinary masterpiece on our website for a chance to win an awesome apron from Recipes Quebecoises. There will be a draw every month.
- 1 pkg (250 g) light cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) Hellmann's® Big Squeeze? Light Mayonnaise
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) pepper
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) L'Ambiance White Wine
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) Tre Stelle® Grated Parmesan cheese divided
- 1 pkg (227 g) Clover Leaf® Crab Delights?, Flake Style, chopped, divided
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) chopped fresh parsley
- Beat cream cheese, mayonnaise, garlic and pepper until smooth. Gradually beat in wine. Stir in green onions, 2 Tbsp (30 mL) Parmesan cheese and half the crab.
- Spread evenly in 8-in (20 cm) pie plate; sprinkle with remaining crab and Parmesan. Bake at 375°F (190°C) about 20 minutes or until bubbling. Cool slightly; sprinkle with parsley. Serve with crackers.
Makes about 3 cups (150 mL).
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Hint: for convenience, prepare this spread up to 24 hours ahead; cover and refrigerate. Bake, uncovered, at serving time. Also great baked and served chilled. Instead of wine, substitute 1/2 cup (125 mL) chicken broth.
Per Tbsp (15 mL): 23 Calories; 1.2 g protein; 1.4 g for 1.2 g carbohydrate.