Romaine Salad with Sour Cream Maple DressingPrint Category Green salad Thematic No thematic Source DOLE® Evaluation
You’re cooking one of our recipes? Share the pictures of your culinary masterpiece on our website for a chance to win an awesome apron from Recipes Quebecoises. There will be a draw every month.
- 1 DOLE® Classic Romaine pkg (10 oz/283 g)
- 1/2 cup low-fat sour cream (3%) 125 mL
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar 15 mL
- 1 tbsp maple syrup or liquid honey 15 mL
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard 5 mL
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/3 cup pecans or walnuts 75 mL
- 4 strips bacon
- 1 McIntosh or other sweet apple, coarsely chopped
- Mix together in small bowl, sour cream, vinegar, maple syrup, mustard, salt and pepper. Toast pecans in skillet, stirring, over medium heat 3 minutes; chop coarsely.
- Cook bacon until crispy; crumble. Combine pecans, bacon, apple and salad greens in large serving bowl. Add dressing; gently toss to coat.
Makes 4 servings.
Crisp apples with toasted nuts and bacon create interesting textures and tastes in this fall salad with a creamy low-fat dressing.
Per Serving: 180 Cal; 6.1g Pro; 11.0g Fat; 16.7g Carb; 3.0g DFib