Chocolate Chip Toffee BarsPrint Category Butterscotch Thematic No thematic Source EAGLE BRAND* Evaluation
You’re cooking one of our recipes? Share the pictures of your culinary masterpiece on our website for a chance to win an awesome apron from Recipes Quebecoises. There will be a draw every month.
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) graham wafer crumbs
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) margarine or butter, melted
- 1 can Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 cup (250 mL) toffee bits
- 1 cup (250 mL) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup (250 mL) chopped nuts
- Line 13 x 9-inch (3.5 L) baking pan with foil. In medium bowl, combine crumbs and margarine; mix well and press into prepared pan. Pour sweetened condensed milk evenly over crumbs. Top with toffee bits, chocolate chips and nuts; press down firmly.
- Bake in 350°F (180°C) oven 20 to 25 min or until lightly browned. Cool well before cutting. Remove from pan; peel off foil. Cut into bars. Store covered at room temperature.
Makes 24 bars.
Preparation time: 10 min.
Baking time: 20 to 25 min.
* Or substitute 3 pkgs (56 g each) English toffee bars, broken into bits.