Quick Skillet LasagnaPrint Category Lasagna Thematic No thematic Source Recipes Plus Evaluation
You’re cooking one of our recipes? Share the pictures of your culinary masterpiece on our website for a chance to win an awesome apron from Recipes Quebecoises. There will be a draw every month.
- 1 lb (500g) Italian sausage, mild or hot
- 1 can (680 mL) Hunt's® Roasted Garlic Tomato Sauce
- 1 cup (250 mL) water
- 2 cups (500 mL) tortiglioni or macaroni pasta, uncooked
- 1 medium zucchini, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup (250 mL) Tre Stelle® Ricotta Cheese
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) Tre Stelle® 100% Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 tsp (5 mL) dried basil
- 1 cup (250 mL) shredded mozzarella cheese
- Remove sausage from casings and crumble. In deep 9-10in (23-25 cm) skillet, brown sausage. Drain off fat.
- Add sauce, water, pasta and zucchini; bring to boil. Cover and simmer over low heat about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until pasta is tender.
- In small bowl, combine ricotta, green onions, Parmesan and basil. Drop small spoonfuls of cheese mixture onto pasta in skillet. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Cover and cook 4 minutes or until heated through.
Per serving: 490 Calories; 31.5 g protein; 26 g fat; 31.9 g carbohydrate.
Tip: Instead of Italian sausage, substitute 1 lb (500 g) lean ground beef.