Chicken Noodle SupperPrint Category Casserole and Wok Thematic No thematic Source dairygoodness Evaluation
You’re cooking one of our recipes? Share the pictures of your culinary masterpiece on our website for a chance to win an awesome apron from Recipes Quebecoises. There will be a draw every month.
- 1 lb (500 g) skinless, boneless chicken breasts or legs
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) butter
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup (250 mL) sliced mushrooms
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) dried basil
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) pepper
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) all-purpose flour
- 3 cups (750 mL) milk
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Dijon mustard
- 3 cups (750 mL) egg noodles, uncooked
- 1 pkg (10 oz/300 g) frozen mixed vegetables
- In a large skillet, cook chicken in the butter and oil over medium heat for 5 minutes. Add onion, mushrooms, garlic, herbs, salt and pepper; cook until onion is tender. Stir in flour; cook for 1 minute.
- Gradually add milk; cook and stir until sauce comes to a boil and thickens. Add mustard and noodles. Return to boil and simmer for 15 minutes, adding frozen vegetables after 10 minutes. Stir before serving.
Tips: Easy, easy, easy. Everything's in the cupboard, and even if you think you can't cook, this will prove you can.