Cheese Pizza à la provençalePrint Category Pizza Thematic No thematic Source dairygoodness Evaluation
You’re cooking one of our recipes? Share the pictures of your culinary masterpiece on our website for a chance to win an awesome apron from Recipes Quebecoises. There will be a draw every month.
- 6 Italian tomatoes, sliced
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) salt
- 1 refrigerated commercial pizza crust* (partially cooked) of 30 cm (12 inch) diameter (or plain italian flat bread)
- 1/2 tbsp (7 mL) Provençale herbs
- 1/2 lb (250 g) Canadian Swiss* cheese shredded (about 3 cups/750 ml)
- 1/4 tbsp (1 mL) ground nutmeg
- 1 pinch freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) chopped fresh basil (or 1 tbsp/15 mL dried basil)
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) extra-virgin olive oil
- 8 large pitted black olives, sliced in two
- Place tomato slices in a large bowl, sprinkle with salt and let drain for about 30 minutes. Gently pat tomatoes dry using paper towels.
- Preheat oven to 450 ºF (225 ºC) . Place the pizza crust on a cookie tray, sprinkle with Provençale herbs and top with Canadian Swiss cheese. Place sliced Italian tomatoes in a circular pattern over the entire crust. Season with nutmeg, pepper and basil. Drizzle on olive oil and top with black olives.
- Bake 6 minutes in preheated oven or until cheese has melted and crust is slightly toasted. Broil under grill 2 more minutes. Delicious hot or warm!