Vegetable Lasagna SwirlsPrint Category Lasagna Thematic No thematic Source dairygoodness Evaluation
You’re cooking one of our recipes? Share the pictures of your culinary masterpiece on our website for a chance to win an awesome apron from Recipes Quebecoises. There will be a draw every month.
- 8 lasagna noodles
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) butter
- 4 cups (1 L) chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup (250 mL) chopped onion
- 1 pkg (300 g) chopped frozen spinach, thawed, squeezed dry
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups (500 mL) shredded Canadian Mozzarella* cheese
- 1 cup (250 mL) Canadian Cottage** cheese
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) grated Canadian Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper
- 3 cans (7 1/2 oz/213 mL each) pizza sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 °F (180 °C). In large saucepan or Dutch oven, cook lasagna according to package directions; drain. In large frypan, melt butter. Sauté mushrooms and onion until tender and liquid has evaporated; let cool. Stir in spinach, eggs, Canadian Mozzarella, Cottage and Parmesan cheeses. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Spread about 3/4 cup (175 mL) cheese mixture along each noodle, leaving 1 inch (2.5 cm) at one end uncovered. Roll up from filled end. Carefully cut rolls in half crosswise. Spread pizza sauce in 3-qt (3 L) rectangular baking dish. Arrange rolls, curly edges up, in sauce. Cover and bake 45 minutes or until heated through.
- Vegetable Lasagna: In shallow 3 qt (3 L) rectangular baking dish, alternately layer half of the lasagna noodles, half the vegetable-cheese mixture and half the sauce; repeat layers. Bake as above.