Cheeseburger SurprisePrint Category Burger Thematic No thematic Source dairygoodness Evaluation
You’re cooking one of our recipes? Share the pictures of your culinary masterpiece on our website for a chance to win an awesome apron from Recipes Quebecoises. There will be a draw every month.
- 1 1/3 lbs (650 g) lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) fresh chopped herbs (parsley, oregano, basil chives, etc.)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 slices (40 g each) Canadian Mozzarella cheese
- 4 Hamburgers buns
- Leaf lettuce
- Taco sauce (optional)
- In large bowl combine beef, herbs, salt and pepper; mix well.
- Shape into 8 thin patties. Fold each Canadian Mozzarella cheese half into quarters; place in middle of 4 of the patties. Top with remaining 4 patties and pinch edges of meat to seal in cheese. Barbecue or broil until cooked as desired.
- Serve on hamburger buns with lettuce and taco sauce, if desired.
You've got choice: For a zesty Blue Cheese burger, substitute 80 g Canadian Blue Ermite cheese, crumbled, for Canadian Mozzarella. Divide cheese evenly among 4 meat patties and proceed as above.