Swiss Potato SoupPrint Category Potatoe Thematic No thematic Source dairygoodness Evaluation
You’re cooking one of our recipes? Share the pictures of your culinary masterpiece on our website for a chance to win an awesome apron from Recipes Quebecoises. There will be a draw every month.
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) butter
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) chopped onion
- 2 cups (500 mL) diced, peeled potatoes, uncooked
- 1 can (10 oz/284 mL) chicken broth
- 1 pinch of ground marjoram
- 3 cups (750 mL) milk
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) flour
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) chopped parsley
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup (250 mL) shredded Canadian Swiss* cheese
- In large saucepan, melt butter. Sauté onion until tender. Add potatoes, chicken broth, and marjoram. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat, cover and simmer 10 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- In a bowl, gradually stir milk into flour until smooth. Add to saucepan. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture boils and thickens. Stir in parsley. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Ladle into bowls and top with Canadian Swiss cheese. Swirl cheese through soup and serve.