VichyssoisePrint Category Cold soup Thematic No thematic Source Plaisirs laitiers Evaluation
You’re cooking one of our recipes? Share the pictures of your culinary masterpiece on our website for a chance to win an awesome apron from Recipes Quebecoises. There will be a draw every month.
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) butter
- 1/2 lb (250 g) leek, sliced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 lb (500 g) potatoes, peeled and cut in pieces
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) dried marjoram
- Pinch of grated nutmeg
- Salt and pepper
- 3 cups (750 mL) vegetable broth
- 2 cups (500 mL) milk
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) whipping cream (35 %)
- In large saucepan, sauté onion and leek in butter, over medium-high heat. Stir in potatoes and spices; season to taste. Add vegetable broth and cook until potatoes are tender.
- In food processor, purée mixture. Add milk. Correct seasoning and refrigerate. Before serving soup, stir in cream. Pour into soup tureen and garnish with chopped parsley.