Pumpkin PotagePrint Category Pumpkin Thematic Halloween Source Madame Thérèse Emond Evaluation
You’re cooking one of our recipes? Share the pictures of your culinary masterpiece on our website for a chance to win an awesome apron from Recipes Quebecoises. There will be a draw every month.
- 1 leek, in small dice
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) butter
- 2 potatoes, in small dice
- 2 cups (500 ml) chicken broth
- Salt and pepper
- 3 1/2 cups (875 ml) fresh pumpkin, cooked (or a 28 oz can of pumpkin)
- 2 cups (500 ml) 35% cream
- Sauté leeks in butter for 3 to 4 minutes. Add potatoes, pumpkin and chicken broth, season with salt and pepper. Cook for 15 to 20 minutes until potatoes are tender.
- Blend in cream, pour into blender and purée. Check seasoning. Serve with croutons in small, hollowed-out pumpkins.
Tips: * If made with canned pumpkin, use 2 1/2 cups (625 ml) chicken broth and 2 1/2 cups (625 ml) cream instead of listed quantities.