Vichyssoise with Blue ErmitePrint Category Cold soup Thematic No thematic Source Jean Soulard, Executive Chef, Le Château Frontenac Evaluation
You’re cooking one of our recipes? Share the pictures of your culinary masterpiece on our website for a chance to win an awesome apron from Recipes Quebecoises. There will be a draw every month.
- 5 leeks, whites only
- 4 medium-sized potatoes
- 1 stick of celery
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) of unsalted butter
- 4 cups (1 L) of chicken broth
- 3 cups (750 mL) of milk
- 2 cups (500 mL) of cream (35 %)
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) of chives, chopped
- 1/2 tsp (25 mL) of salt
- 2 oz (60 g) of Canadian Blue Ermite cheese
- Wash and mince leeks. Peel, wash and dice potatoes. Slice celery thinly.
- Melt butter in a saucepan and cook leeks gently without colouring. Add potatoes, celery, chicken broth and salt. Bring to a boil and cook over medium heat 30 minutes. put everithing in the mixer and reduce.
- Pour into saucepan, add milk and half the cream. Bring to a boil, whisking frequently. Immediately remove from heat and add Canadian Blue Ermite cheese.
- Pour soup in a large tureen. Blend in remaining cream and refrigerate 1 hour. Sprinkle with chopped chives and serve cold.