Chilled Autumn SoupPrint Category Cold soup Thematic No thematic Source Plaisirs laitiers Evaluation
You’re cooking one of our recipes? Share the pictures of your culinary masterpiece on our website for a chance to win an awesome apron from Recipes Quebecoises. There will be a draw every month.
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) butter
- 1 onion
- 1 1/2 cup (300 g) celery root, peeled and cut in small dice
- 2 ripe pears
- 4 cups (1 L) chicken broth
- 1 cup (250 mL) cream (35 %)
- 1/2 cup (100 g) crumbled Canadian Ermite cheese
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) chopped chives
- Salt and pepper
- Finely chop onion. Peel and core pears, cut in small dice. Sauté onion and celery root in butter for 10 minutes. Add pears and cook 4 minutes more.
- Add broth and simmer for 15 minutes until vegetables are well done. Remove from heat, then add Canadian Ermite cheese and cream.
- Pour soup in a blender and puree until smooth. Cool, then place in refrigerator. Soup might need thinning with a little milk or cold broth. Add chives and serve.