Cream of Turkey SoupPrint Category Chiken and Turkey Thematic No thematic Source Plaisirs laitiers Evaluation
You’re cooking one of our recipes? Share the pictures of your culinary masterpiece on our website for a chance to win an awesome apron from Recipes Quebecoises. There will be a draw every month.
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) butter
- 1/2 lb (250 g) cooked chopped turkey
- 1 medium onion,finely chopped
- 1 cup (250 ml) diced carrot
- 1 cup (250 ml) diced celery
- 1 cup (250 ml) frozen peas
- 1 tsp (5 ml) dried thyme
- 1 tsp (5 ml) dried marjoram
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) pepper
- 2 1/4 cups (550 ml) chicken stock
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) cornstarch
- 1 1/2 cups (375 ml) 35% Real Whipping Cream
- Heat butter in large saucepan over medium heat. Add turkey, onions, carrots and celery; cook for 3 to 5 min or until onion is softened.
- Add peas, seasonings and chicken stock; bring to boil, cover and simmer for 15 min.
- Mix cornstarch in 1/4 cup (50 mL) of Cream until mixture is smooth, add it to soup with remaining Cream. Bring to boil, stirring continuously until mixture has thickened.