Herb Chicken & Vegetable KabobsPrint Category Kebabs Thematic No thematic Source Crisco Evaluation
You’re cooking one of our recipes? Share the pictures of your culinary masterpiece on our website for a chance to win an awesome apron from Recipes Quebecoises. There will be a draw every month.
- 3/4 cup Crisco® Canola or Vegetable Oil 175 mL
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tbsp steak spice 30 mL
- 4 tsp prepared mustard 20 mL
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper 1 mL
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of dried thyme
- 4 large boneless chicken breasts (2 lbs/1 kg) cut in 1/2" (3 cm) pieces
- 1 green zucchini, cut in 1/2" (1 cm) thick slices
- 1 yellow zucchini, cut in 1/2" (1 cm) thick slices
- 1 red pepper, cut in 1" (2.5 cm) chunks
- 1 eggplant, optional, cut in 1/2" (1 cm) thick slices
- Combine all ingredients. Reserve 1/4 cup (50 mL) for basting. Combine remaining marinade and chicken in plastic bag. Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight, turning occasionally
- Preheat grill to medium-high. Alternate chicken and vegetables on 10" (25 cm) skewers. Brush vegetables well with reserved marinade.
- Place skewers on preheated greased grill. Cook, brushing often with marinade and turn occasionally for about 20 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink inside and vegetables are tender.
Preparation Time: 25 minutes
Marinating Time : 4 hours or overnight
Grilling Time: 20 minutes
Makes: 4 servings
Tips: Kabobs can be cooked on an indoor grill or broiled following times above for grilling and about 15 minutes for broiling.