Sour Cream Ham and Pepper QuichePrint Category Quiche Thematic No thematic Source Crisco Evaluation
You’re cooking one of our recipes? Share the pictures of your culinary masterpiece on our website for a chance to win an awesome apron from Recipes Quebecoises. There will be a draw every month.
- 1 CRISCO® No Fail Pastry for Double-Crust (see recipe)
- ¾ tsp dried basil leaves
- 1 tbsp CRISCO® Oil (Canola or Vegetable) 15 mL
- 1 small sweet red pepper, cut in slivers
- 1/3 cup chopped onion 75 mL
- 1 cup diced ham 250 g
- 1 ¼ cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese 300 mL
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup sour cream 175 mL
- ¾ cup milk 175 mL
- 1 tsp dried basil leaves 5 mL
- salt and pepper to taste
- Prepare CRISCO® No Fail Pastry for Single-Crust as directed adding basil to dry ingredients. Fit into a 9" (23 cm) pie plate.
- Sauté red pepper and onion in hot oil in frying pan on medium-high heat until softened, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in ham and cheese. Spread in bottom of unbaked pie crust.
- Beat eggs, sour cream, milk and seasonings together to blend. Pour over filling.
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Bake on lower oven rack at 375°F (190°C) for 35-40 minutes, or until set. Cool 10 minutes before serving.
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
Baking Time: 40 minutes
Makes: 6-8 servings
Variation: Try cooked or smoked chicken instead of ham.
Try Swiss cheese instead of Cheddar cheese.