Quebecois maple sugar piePrint Category Sugar and Maple sugar Thematic No thematic Source Robin Hood Evaluation
You’re cooking one of our recipes? Share the pictures of your culinary masterpiece on our website for a chance to win an awesome apron from Recipes Quebecoises. There will be a draw every month.
- 1 envelope ROBIN HOOD® Flaky Pie Crust Mix or CRISCO® No Fail Pastry recipe for double crust pie
- 1 1/2 cups real maple syrup 375 mL
- 1/3 cup ROBIN HOOD® All Purpose Flour 75 mL
- 1/2 cup cold water 125 mL
- 3/4 cup heavy cream, room temperature 175 mL
- 2 tbsp butter 30 mg
- 1/3 cup pecans, toasted and finely chopped 75 mL
- Unsweetened whipped cream, for garnish
- Prepare pastry according to recipe and place in 9" pie plate. Reserve other pastry for other use. Preheat oven to 400ºF (200ºC).
- Bring maple syrup to a boil in medium saucepan, stirring constantly. Combine flour and water. Beat until smooth. Carefully mix 2 tbsp (30mL) of boiling syrup with flour mixture and return to saucepan. Add cream and boil for 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and stir in butter and walnuts. Cool.
- Pour into prepared pastry. Bake in preheated oven for 35 minutes. Cool and serve with unsweetened whipped cream.
Préparation : 20 minutes
Cuisson au four : 25 minutes
Donne : 8 servings
Congélation : not recommended