Dijon Chicken SaladPrint Category Chicken and Turkey Thematic No thematic Source Loblaws Evaluation
You’re cooking one of our recipes? Share the pictures of your culinary masterpiece on our website for a chance to win an awesome apron from Recipes Quebecoises. There will be a draw every month.
- 2 chicken breasts à la Dijonnaise, cut into strips
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) olive oil
- 1 Boston lettuce
- 1 broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 ripe avocado
- ½ lemon, juice only
- ½ jalapeño pepper, seeded and finely diced
- ½ red bell pepper, diced
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) cooking cream 15% m.f.
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) cider vinegar
- To taste 5 g (2 tbsp) salt and pepper
- Sauté chicken strips in oil for about 8 minutes.
- Cook broccoli florets in boiling, salted water for 3 minutes, drain and rinse under cold water. Drain and set aside.
- Cut avocado into very thin slices and splash with lemon to avoid oxidation.
- In a salad bowl, combine lettuce, broccoli florets, avocado slices and diced bell pepper and jalapeño. Mix together cream, vinegar, salt, pepper and pour over salad. Blend well. Divide salad into 4 serving plates, garnish with chicken strips and sprinkle with chopped herbs prior to serving.
Time: hands-on: 9 min
cooking: 11 min
total prep: 20 min