Hearty Vegetable and Chicken SoupPrint Category Chicken and Turkey Thematic No thematic Source Loblaws Evaluation
You’re cooking one of our recipes? Share the pictures of your culinary masterpiece on our website for a chance to win an awesome apron from Recipes Quebecoises. There will be a draw every month.
- 45 ml (3 tbsp) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 500 g (1 lb) boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 750 ml (3 cups) vegetables of your choice, cut into small cubes
- 796 ml (28 oz) tomatoes, diced
- 1 L (4 cups) vegetable broth
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) pesto
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 Parmesan rind
- Heat olive oil in a large saucepan. Add onion, chicken and garlic, cook for 1 or 2 minutes or until onion becomes transparent.
- Add vegetables, tomatoes, broth, pesto, bay leaves and Parmesan rind. Cook 15 to 20 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Season to taste. Remove bay leaves and Parmesan rind and serve.
Time: hands-on: 10 min
cooking: 20 min
total prep: 30 min