Plum Tart with Almond CreamPrint Category Plums Thematic No thematic Source Loblaws Evaluation
You’re cooking one of our recipes? Share the pictures of your culinary masterpiece on our website for a chance to win an awesome apron from Recipes Quebecoises. There will be a draw every month.
- 1 kg (2.2 lb) plums
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) sugar or maple syrup
- Pie Crust
- 500 ml (2 cups) pastry flour
- 25 ml (5 tsp) sugar
- 2 g (1/2 tsp) sea salt
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) unsalted butter
- 100 ml (2/5 cup) spring water or apple juice
- Almond Cream
- 200 ml (4/5 cup) cooking cream 15%
- 2 large eggs
- 80 ml (1/3 cup) ground almonds
- 80 ml (1/3 cup) sugar
- Slice plums in half and remove pits. Place them in a bowl with sugar and mix gently. Set aside. Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F).
- In a food processor, blend flour, sugar and salt. Add butter, cut into pieces, until mixture is the texture of coarse sand. Progressively add water or juice and continue to mix until a smooth dough is obtained.
- Roll out dough, place in a pie plate and cook in the oven for about 10 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool.
- Place fruits to form a wreath in the pie plate.
- Mix together the almond cream ingredients and pour over plums. Bake in oven at 200°C (400°F) for about 15 minutes, reduce heat to 180°C (350°F) and bake 20 minutes longer. May be served warm or cold.
Time: hands-on: 30 min
cooking: 45 min
total prep: 75 min
Chef's Tip: For a quick preparation, use pre-cooked pie crusts Your Store