Moist Chocolate and Coconut CrispsPrint Category Fudge and Melting chocolate Thematic No thematic Source Loblaws Evaluation
You’re cooking one of our recipes? Share the pictures of your culinary masterpiece on our website for a chance to win an awesome apron from Recipes Quebecoises. There will be a draw every month.
- 45 ml (3 tbsp) butter, melted
- 180 ml (3/4 cup) chocolate cookie crumbs
- 180 ml (3/4 cup) toasted unsweetened coconut
- 250 ml (1 cup) whipping cream 35% m.f.
- 45 ml (3 tbsp) butter
- 250 g (8 oz) dark or semi-sweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 45 ml (3 tbsp) litchi liqueur
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) candied orange zest
- Preheat oven to 190°C (375°F). Mix together melted butter with cookie crumbs and toasted coconut. Press mixture in bottom of a square 20 cm (8 in.) cake pan and bake in oven 10 minutes. Let cool.
- In a saucepan, heat cream over low heat until steaming hot. Remove from heat, add remaining ingredients and beat until a creamy, smooth mixture is obtained.
- Pour mixture into the cake pan and refrigerate until preparation sets and become firm, about 2 hours.
- Remove from cake pan and cut into serving squares.
Time: hands-on: 15 min
cooking: 15 min
total prep: 30 min
Chef's Tip: This recipe can be prepared a few days in advance. In fact, these tasty bites will be even better if they are at room temperature. So it's best to take them out of the refrigerator at least 30 to 45 minutes before serving.