Cantaloupe GaspachoPrint Category Cold soup Thematic No thematic Source Loblaws Evaluation
You’re cooking one of our recipes? Share the pictures of your culinary masterpiece on our website for a chance to win an awesome apron from Recipes Quebecoises. There will be a draw every month.
- 1 cantaloupe
- 180 ml (3/4 cup) dry white wine
- 180 ml (3/4 cup) chicken broth
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) onion, finely chopped
- To taste salt and ground pepper
- 80 ml (1/3 cup) red pepper, diced
- 80 ml (1/3 cup) yellow pepper, diced
- 80 ml (1/3 cup) seedless cucumber, unpeeled and diced
- 45 ml (3 tbsp) fresh coriander, chopped
- Soak chopped onion in a bowl of cold water for 15 minutes, then drain well. Cut cantaloupe in half and remove seeds. Remove peel and coarsely chop cantaloupe.
- Purée cantaloupe in the blender or food processor. There should be about 1 litre (4 cups). Pour into a large serving bowl. Add white wine, chicken broth and onion. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- In another bowl, mix together remaining ingredients. Add half of this preparation to the cold soup. Mix well and allow flavours to develop for one hour in the refrigerator.
- When ready to serve, pour into bowls and garnish with remaining vegetable mixture and serve with garlic croutons.
Time: hands-on: 15 min
total prep: 15 min + cooling