Cream of Pear, Almond and WatercressPrint Category Cucumber and Watercress Thematic No thematic Source Loblaws Evaluation
You’re cooking one of our recipes? Share the pictures of your culinary masterpiece on our website for a chance to win an awesome apron from Recipes Quebecoises. There will be a draw every month.
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) butter
- 500 ml (2 cups) leeks, chopped (about 2)
- 160 ml (2/3 cup) carrots, sliced (about 2)
- 160 ml (2/3 cup) potatoes, diced (about 1)
- 2 pears, peeled and diced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- To taste salt and pepper
- 375 ml (1 1/2cup) chicken broth
- 1 bunch watercress, trimmed
- 160 ml (2/3 cup) almonds, slivered
- 625 ml (2 1/2 cups) milk
- Melt butter in a saucepan and cook leeks, carrots, potato, pears and garlic about 5 minutes. Add salt and pepper. Add chicken broth, watercress and almonds.
- Cook about 10 minutes or until vegetables are soft. Add milk and heat. Purée in blender of food processor, leaving some small pieces.
Serves: 6 to 8
Time: hands-on: 15 min
cooking: 15 min
total prep: 30 min