You’re cooking one of our recipes? Share the pictures of your culinary masterpiece on our website for a chance to win an awesome apron from Recipes Quebecoises. There will be a draw every month.
- 2 Alaskan crab legs
- 500 g (1 lb) leeks, chopped
- 45 g (3 tbsp) butter (or half oil and half butter)
- 250 ml (1 cup) white wine or hydromel
- 500 g (1 lb) potatoes, peeled, washed and diced
- 625 ml (2 1/2 cups) clam juice (or fish stock)
- 250 ml (1 cup) whipping cream 35 % m.f., cold
- 10 g (4 tbsp) parsley, chives and dill, finely chopped
- To taste salt and pepper
- Remove crab meat from legs, slice and set aside.
- Sweat leeks in butter for 5 minutes. Add white wine and reduce for 5 minutes. Add potatoes, clam juice and cook for about 20 minutes. Add crab meat, season with salt and pepper.
- Whip cream until appropriate consistency is obtained and blend in herbs. Serve crab soup in small individual bowls topped with a dollop of herbed whipped cream.