Cream of Zucchini and ScallopPrint Category Zucchini/Butternut Thematic No thematic Source Loblaws Evaluation
You’re cooking one of our recipes? Share the pictures of your culinary masterpiece on our website for a chance to win an awesome apron from Recipes Quebecoises. There will be a draw every month.
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) butter
- 227 g (8 oz) mushrooms, sliced
- 1 L (4 cups) leeks, sliced
- 750 ml (3 cups) zucchini, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 500 ml (2 cups) chicken broth
- 750 ml (3 cups) milk
- 227 g (1/2 lb) scallops, sliced
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) fresh parsley, chopped
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) dry white wine
- To taste salt and pepper
- In 15 ml (1 tbsp) of butter, brown half the mushrooms, the leeks, zucchini and garlic. Salt and pepper to taste. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken broth and continue cooking for another 8 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add milk. Purée in the food processor or use a mixer. Set aside.
- In 15 ml (1 tbsp) of butter, brown the other half of the mushrooms, the scallops and parsley for 1 minute. Add white wine and over high heat, reduce until all the liquid has evaporated. Add to the first mixture and heat.
- Season to taste and serve.
Time: hands-on: 10 min
cooking: 20 min
total prep: 30 min