Cream of Apple and Celeriac with Blue CheesePrint Category Apple Thematic No thematic Source Loblaws Evaluation
You’re cooking one of our recipes? Share the pictures of your culinary masterpiece on our website for a chance to win an awesome apron from Recipes Quebecoises. There will be a draw every month.
- 30 g (2 tbsp) unsalted butter or sunflower oil
- 5 apples, peeled, cored and diced
- 2 celeriacs, chopped
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1,5 L (6 cups) vegetable or chicken broth
- 90 ml (6 tbsp) old-fashion cream 15% m.f.
- 90 g (3 oz) blue cheese, such as Bénédictin
- 1 small sprig tarragon, chopped
- To taste salt and pepper
- Sufficient quantity chives, finely chopped
- Heat butter in a saucepan and brown apples, celeriac and onion for about 3 minutes, stirring constantly. Reduce heat and cover, let sweat for 5 minutes.
- Add broth and simmer for 15 minutes. Add cream, cheese and tarragon.
- Pour mixture into food processor and purée. Return to saucepan and warm mixture for about 3 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve with a sprinkle of chopped chives. This soup may be served iced or warm.
Portions : 6 - 8
Temps : préparation : 10 min
cuisson : 25 min
total : 35 min