Chicken Satay with PeanutsPrint Category Kebabs Thematic No thematic Source Métro Evaluation
You’re cooking one of our recipes? Share the pictures of your culinary masterpiece on our website for a chance to win an awesome apron from Recipes Quebecoises. There will be a draw every month.
- 1 lb (450 g) chicken breast, cut in stripped
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) fresh ginger, grated
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) white wine
- 1/2 tsp. (2 mL) ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. (2 mL) turmeric
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) fresh coriander
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) chili powder
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) soy sauce
- 2 tsp. (10 mL) brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) crunchy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) coconut milk
- Juice of 3 limes
- To taste salt and white pepper
- Mix the ingredients for the marinade in a glass bowl. Add the chicken, cover and marinate for 2 hours.
- Mix the first seven ingredients for the sauce and cook on medium heat for 2 minutes. Reduce the heat and add the coconut milk. Set aside.
- Soak 20 wooden skewers in cold water for 15 minutes.
- Thread the meat in a zig zag fashion on the skewers.
- Cook in a skillet or on the grill on medium heat for 15 minutes.
- Brush the meat with the sauce during cooking. Add the lime juice to the sauce and adjust the seasoning. Serve immediately.
Suggestion Tamari and "shoyu" sauce contain more salt than regular soy sauce but are a wonderful seasoning for cooked dishes. Origin: Szechuan