You’re cooking one of our recipes? Share the pictures of your culinary masterpiece on our website for a chance to win an awesome apron from Recipes Quebecoises. There will be a draw every month.
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons Argo® or Kingsford's® Corn Starch
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 2-1/4 cups milk
- 4 egg yolks
- 1/4 cup Karo® Light Corn Syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 graham cracker OR chocolate crumb crust
- Whipped cream, optional
- Mix sugar, corn starch, salt and chocolate thoroughly in heavy saucepan OR the top of a double boiler. Whisk milk, egg yolks and corn syrup together; add to sugar mixture and stir well to combine.
- Heat mixture over medium heat, stirring constantly until mixture thickens, about 8 to 10 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla extract.
- Pour chocolate cream into pie crust. Cool for 15 minutes on a wire rack. Cover with plastic wrap and chill several hours or overnight in refrigerator. Top with whipped cream and chocolate shavings, if desired.
Yield: 1 (9-inch) pie
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Chill Time: 2 hours