Country Chicken GravyPrint Category Various sauces Thematic No thematic Source Lipton Evaluation
You’re cooking one of our recipes? Share the pictures of your culinary masterpiece on our website for a chance to win an awesome apron from Recipes Quebecoises. There will be a draw every month.
- 1 tbsp Imperial margarine 15 mL
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced onion 125 mL
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 sachet Lipton Cup-a-Soup Cream of Mushroom
- 1/2 cup each: water and chicken broth 125 mL
- 1/4 cup sour cream 50 mL
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper 2 mL
- Heat margarine in a nonstick skillet set over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring, until golden about 5 minutes. Add in garlic. Whisk Lipton Cup-a-Soup with water and broth. Stir into the onions. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat until mixture is just simmering. Cook for about 7 minutes or until reduced and thickened slightly. Whisk in sour cream and pepper just before removing from the heat.
- Fresh Herb: Whisk in 2 tbsp (30 mL) chopped fresh parsley, tarragon or dill with the sour cream.
- Italian: Add 1 tbsp (15 mL) minced sun-dried tomato to the onion. Whisk 2 tbsp (30 mL) chopped fresh basil into the sour cream. Beef: Substitute beef broth for chicken broth.
Makes: 1 cup