Banana Bread PuddingPrint Category Bread Pudding Thematic No thematic Source Nestlé Evaluation
You’re cooking one of our recipes? Share the pictures of your culinary masterpiece on our website for a chance to win an awesome apron from Recipes Quebecoises. There will be a draw every month.
- 7 1/2 -inch (1 cm) thick slices stale white bread, cubed
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 can (370 ml) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Fat Free Evaporated Milk
- 1 cup water 250 ml
- 2/3 cup packed golden brown sugar 150 ml
- 1 tsp vanilla 5 ml
- 2 large bananas, peeled and sliced
- NESTLÉ® NESQUIK® Chocolate syrup or maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease 8-inch (2 L) square baking pan; set aside.
- Place bread cubes in large bowl. Stir together eggs, evaporated milk, water, sugar and vanilla and pour over bread cubes to cover completely. Place half of bread mixture in prepared baking pan.
- Layer with bananas; top with remaining bread mixture. Place on baking sheet; bake 50 to 55 minutes or until golden and knife inserted in centre comes out clean. Serve warm with chocolate or maple syrup.
Makes 6 servings.
Leftover bread takes on a tasty new life in this bread pudding, made moist and delectable by bananas and evaporated milk. Serve warm from the oven for dessert, or treat yourself to a bowl for breakfast, topped with fresh berries.
Nutrients per serving (without syrup): about 341 Calories, 13 g Protein, 4.5 g Fat, 62 g Carbohydrates.