You’re cooking one of our recipes? Share the pictures of your culinary masterpiece on our website for a chance to win an awesome apron from Recipes Quebecoises. There will be a draw every month.
- 1 tbsp butter 15 ml
- 1 cup sliced leeks, white portion only (about 2 to 3 leeks) 250 ml
- 2 potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1-1/2 cups chicken broth 375 ml
- 1 can (370 ml) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® 2% Evaporated Milk
- pinch salt and black pepper
- Chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- Melt butter in saucepan over medium heat; cook leeks, stirring, about 5 minutes or until softened. Stir in potatoes and chicken broth; bring to boil. Cover and reduce heat to medium-low; simmer about 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- With slotted spoon, transfer soup to food processor or blender; process until smooth. Return to saucepan. Gradually stir in evaporated milk, salt and pepper. Gently reheat over medium-low until just heated through, taking care not to boil. Garnish with fresh parsley, if desired.
Makes 4 servings.
This delicate cream soup is a nice, light start to a spring meal.