Pasta Sauce with Hot Italian Sausage and ProsciuttoPrint Category Pasta sauce Thematic No thematic Source Chef Ian Perreault Evaluation
You’re cooking one of our recipes? Share the pictures of your culinary masterpiece on our website for a chance to win an awesome apron from Recipes Quebecoises. There will be a draw every month.
- 6 hot Italian sausages, meat squeezed out of casings
- 5 Irresistibles bay leaves*
- 4 garlic cloves, unpeeled
- 1 cup (250 mL) finely diced carrots, celery and onions
- 4 oz. (120 g) Irresistibles prosciutto*, in small pieces
- 10 cups (2.5 L) crushed tomatoes*
- ¼ cup (60 mL) Irresistibles extra virgin olive oil*
- Pepper to taste
- Heat olive oil in a pot over medium-high heat. Brown sausage meat. Add bay leaves, garlic cloves and diced vegetables, and cook 5 minutes. Stir in prosciutto and cook 1 minute.
- Add tomatoes. Lower heat to medium-low and simmer about 1hour, stirring occasionally. Season with pepper. Serve over pasta or use in lasagna.
Suggestion: Prosciutto is Italian dry-cured, salted raw ham. This ham is sliced paper-thin and used in a wide variety of recipes with fruit, white meat or cheese.