Saucy Toffee Ice Cream PiePrint Category Cream and Ice cream Thematic No thematic Source Hershey's Evaluation
You’re cooking one of our recipes? Share the pictures of your culinary masterpiece on our website for a chance to win an awesome apron from Recipes Quebecoises. There will be a draw every month.
- About 1/2 gallon vanilla ice cream, slightly softened
- 1 extra-serving size prepared graham cracker crust (9-oz.)
- 1 package (225g) (375 mL) CHIPITS SKOR® Toffee Bits Baking, divided
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) sugar
- 1 cup (250 mL) evaporated milk
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) light corn syrup
- Dash salt
- Spoon half of ice cream into prepared pie plate. Sprinkle 1/2 cup toffee bits over ice cream. Spoon in remaining ice cream. Cover; freeze until firm, 4 to 6 hours.
- Prepare sauce by combining sugar, evaporated milk, butter, corn syrup and salt in medium saucepan. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until mixture boils; boil and stir 1 minute.
- Remove from heat; stir in remaining 1 cup toffee bits. Cool, stirring occasionally.
- Serve wedges of pie with sauce. Cover; store leftover pie in freezer. Cover; store leftover sauce in refrigerator.
- SAUCY TOFFEE ICE CREAM SUNDAES: Place scoops of ice cream in individual dessert dishes; spoon toffee sauce over top. 6 to 8 sundaes.