Chocolate Turtle CheesecakePrint Category Cheese Thematic No thematic Source Kraft Evaluation
You’re cooking one of our recipes? Share the pictures of your culinary masterpiece on our website for a chance to win an awesome apron from Recipes Quebecoises. There will be a draw every month.
- 1-1/4 cups toasted finely chopped pecans
- 2 Tbsp. butter, melted
- 3/4 cup plus 5 Tbsp. sugar, divided
- 32 KRAFT Caramels, chopped
- 3 Tbsp. milk
- 3 pkg. (250 g each) PHILADELPHIA Brick Cream Cheese, softened
- 3 eggs
- 1 pkg. (8 squares) BAKER'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate, melted, cooled slightly
- 1/2 cup pecan halves
- PREHEAT oven to 350°F. Cover bottom of 9-inch springform pan with parchment paper. Combine chopped pecans, the butter and 2 Tbsp. of the sugar; press firmly onto bottom of prepared pan.
- MICROWAVE caramels and milk in microwaveable bowl on MEDIUM 4 to 5 min. or until caramels are completely melted, stirring occasionally. Spread over crust to within 1 inch of edge. Beat cream cheese and 3/4 cup of the sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Add eggs, 1 at a time, mixing on low speed after each addition just until blended. Stir in melted chocolate; pour over cooled caramel layer.
- BAKE 45 to 50 min. or until centre is almost set. Run knife around rim of pan to loosen cake; cool completely. Refrigerate 3 hours or overnight.
- MEANWHILE, cook pecan halves with remaining 3 Tbsp. sugar in small nonstick skillet on medium heat until sugar is completely melted and pecans are evenly coated, stirring constantly. Spread into single layer on parchment paper; cool completely. Sprinkle over cheesecake just before serving.
For easy slicing, run a knife under hot water to warm up, wipe dry and then slice. Clean the knife between slices.
Comments I made this for a friend`s birthday and it was a hit !! Very chocolaty , smooth and the pecans on top are perfect. I will definetly make it again !!