Italian Sausage EmpanadasPrint Category Sausages Thematic No thematic Source Pillsburry Evaluation
You’re cooking one of our recipes? Share the pictures of your culinary masterpiece on our website for a chance to win an awesome apron from Recipes Quebecoises. There will be a draw every month.
- 1/2 lb. bulk Italian sausage
- 1 (14.5-oz.) can pizza sauce
- 1 (10-oz.) can Pillsbury® Golden Layers® Refrigerated Biscuits
- 4 oz. mozzarella cheese, cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 1 egg, beaten
- In large skillet over medium heat, brown sausage; drain. Stir in 3 tablespoons of the pizza sauce. (Reserve remaining pizza sauce).
- Heat oven to 375°F. Separate dough into 10 biscuits; divide each in half horizontally, forming 20 rounds. Press or roll each round into 4-inch circle. Place 1 tablespoon meat mixture in center of each circle. Top each with cheese; press lightly. Fold dough over filling to form half circle, stretching to fit. Press edges together; seal and prick top with fork. Place on ungreased cookie sheets; brush with beaten egg.
- Bake at 375°F. for 9 to 14 minutes or until golden brown. Meanwhile, heat remaining pizza sauce in small saucepan over low heat until hot. Serve warm empanadas with pizza sauce for dipping.