You’re cooking one of our recipes? Share the pictures of your culinary masterpiece on our website for a chance to win an awesome apron from Recipes Quebecoises. There will be a draw every month.
- Walleye fillets
- Olive oil
- Slivered almonds
- White wine
- Juice of 1 big lemon
- This recipe states walleye fillets, but you could also use sole fillets, haddock, turbot, etc.
- I have never tried with those, but I don't see why you could not use tilapia or pangasius as well?
- Melt some butter with olive oil in a non-stick skillet. When done, add lightly floured fillets.
- Brown the fish on both sides, then add some silvered almonds. Be careful not to burn the almonds, they would taste bitter.
- Add a splash of white wine with the lemon juice and let simmer for 1 or 2 minutes. It is ready! The almonds will give a subtle sweet taste to the cooking juices and will enhance the flavour of the fish.
Recipe and picture from : Oliveoil