Yogurt, Ricotta and Strawberry PiePrint Category Strawberries Thematic No thematic Source IGA Evaluation
You’re cooking one of our recipes? Share the pictures of your culinary masterpiece on our website for a chance to win an awesome apron from Recipes Quebecoises. There will be a draw every month.
- 60 mL (1/4 cup) butter, melted
- 325 mL (1 1/3 cups) chocolate cookie crumbs
- 1 packet (7 g) plain gelatin powder
- 60 mL (1/4 cup) orange juice
- 500 mL (2 cups) light ricotta cheese
- 250 mL (1 cup) plain low-fat yogurt
- 45 mL (3 tablespoons) sugar
- 1 mL (1/4 teaspoon) vanilla
- 250 mL (1 cup) Pure Strawberry Jam
- Fresh strawberries
- Mint leaves
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C (350˚F). Melt the butter by heating in a microwave oven for about 30 seconds. Combine the butter and cookie crumbs until smooth. Press evenly into a 23 cm (9") pie plate. Bake for 5 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool for 30 minutes.
- While the pie crust is cooling, pour the gelatin powder and orange juice into a small bowl. In a large bowl, combine the ricotta, yogurt, sugar, and vanilla. Dissolve the gelatin powder and incorporate with the ricotta/yogurt mixture, stirring until smooth.
- Pour the ricotta/yogurt mixture into the pie crust. Refrigerate for one hour. Heat the jam in the microwave for 15 seconds and carefully glaze the pie filling. Decorate with fresh strawberries and mint leaves
Serves : 6 to 8 servings
Tip Aide-gourmet: To dissolve the gelatin, simply place the bowl of gelatin powder and orange juice in a bowl filled with hot water.
Suggestion for accompaniment :Serve with coffee