You’re cooking one of our recipes? Share the pictures of your culinary masterpiece on our website for a chance to win an awesome apron from Recipes Quebecoises. There will be a draw every month.
- 375 mL (1 1/2 cups) toasted almonds
- 60 mL (1/4 cup) brown sugar, tightly packed
- 60 mL (1/4 cup) flour
- 60 mL (1/4 cup) melted butter
- 180 mL (3/4 cup) 35% cream
- 250 mL (1 cup) Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 30 mL (2 tablespoons) orange liqueur
- 60 mL (1/4 cup) orange marmalade, liquefied
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F). Blend the almonds and brown sugar in a food processor until finely ground. Pour into a bowl, add the flour, and combine thoroughly.
- Incorporate the butter until a moist batter is obtained. Press into a 23-cm (9") pie plate. Bake for 20 minutes. Place on a rack and let cool.
- Heat the cream in a double boiler. Add the chocolate and stir until the chocolate is melted. Remove from the heat. Add the orange liqueur and let cool for 30 minutes.
- Spread the marmalade on the pie crust, then add the chocolate mixture. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours. Garnish with slices of candied orange.
Serves: 6-8 servings
suggestion for accompaniment : Vanilla ice cream