Braised Veal with Green TeaPrint Category Roast Thematic No thematic Source Soeur Angèle Evaluation
You’re cooking one of our recipes? Share the pictures of your culinary masterpiece on our website for a chance to win an awesome apron from Recipes Quebecoises. There will be a draw every month.
- 2 green tea bags
- 2 cups (500 mL) boiling water
- 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) chicken bouillon concentrate *
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) white wine
- 2 lb (1 kg) veal haunch roast
- 2 tsp. (10 mL) dry mustard *
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) fresh marjoram-
- 1/2 tsp. (2 mL) onion salt
- 3 chopped shallots
- Infuse the tea bags in the boiling water for 30 minutes. Dilute the chicken bouillon concentrate in the white wine. Place the veal haunch roast in a casserole dish.
- Pour half of the tea infusion and the bouillon mixture around the roast. Add the seasonings and shallots to the meat.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/180°C.Cover and cook in the oven for 1 hour 30 minutes. Turn the roast 2 or 3 times during cooking. Add tea and bouillon if necessary
Servings: 4 - 6