Butter Tarts with Chocolate CrustPrint Category Butter Thematic No thematic Source dairygoodness Evaluation
You’re cooking one of our recipes? Share the pictures of your culinary masterpiece on our website for a chance to win an awesome apron from Recipes Quebecoises. There will be a draw every month.
- 2 cups (500 mL) Five Roses All Purpose Flour
- 1 cup (250 mL) Fry's Cocoa
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 1 cup (250 mL) butter, softened
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) Break-Free Liquid Eggs*, beaten
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) butter, softened
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) brown sugar
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) Break-Free Liquid Eggs*, well shaken
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) corn syrup
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) California Walnuts, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 °F (190 °C). Combine flour with cocoa, sugar and salt in a food processor. Blend in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Mix in eggs and blend to form a ball. Wrap tightly in plastic. Rest.
- Roll dough out into a thin sheet. Cut into rounds and fill well buttered flexible muffin cups or a muffin tin lined with foil tart cups.
- Cream butter with sugar and vanilla. Beat in eggs and corn syrup. Spoon nuts into prepared tart shells. Divide filling among shells, not more than 2/3 full.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until filling is golden and bubbly.