Chocolate MendiantsPrint Category Chocolate Thematic No thematic Source dairygoodness Evaluation
You’re cooking one of our recipes? Share the pictures of your culinary masterpiece on our website for a chance to win an awesome apron from Recipes Quebecoises. There will be a draw every month.
- 1 cup (250 mL) whole unblanched almonds
- 1 cup (250 mL) roasted cashews
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) corn syrup
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) crystallized ginger or other dried fruit, cut into long thin sticks
- 8 squares Baker's Semi-Sweet, White or Sweet Chocolate, chopped
- Mix together almonds, cashews and corn syrup in saucepan over medium heat; bring to a boil. Lift nuts out of corn syrup, leaving excess behind, and spread evenly on a foil lined baking sheet.
- Bake in 350 ºF (180 ºC) oven for 15 minutes or until caramelized. Cool completely; break apart any nuts which are stuck together.
- Melt chocolate in microwave for 2 minutes on medium power, stir until completely melted. Place a baking sheet in the freezer until cold; line with waxed paper.
- Drop half teaspoonfuls of chocolate onto cold lined tray. While still soft, arrange one of each type of nut and a piece of fruit on each chocolate round. Cool completely.
Tips: If chocolate begins to thicken, soften in microwave for 10 seconds.