Brunch Bread Pudding with Mixed BerriesPrint Category Bread Pudding Thematic No thematic Source dairygoodness Evaluation
You’re cooking one of our recipes? Share the pictures of your culinary masterpiece on our website for a chance to win an awesome apron from Recipes Quebecoises. There will be a draw every month.
- 8 slices enriched white or 100% whole wheat bread
- 1 pkg (250 g) plain Canadian Cream Cheese*, cubed
- 1 cup (250 ml) fresh blueberries
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup (250 ml) milk
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) ground cinnamon
- Icing sugar
- 2 cups (500 ml) mixed berries (blueberries, raspberries, strawberries)
- Maple syrup
- Remove crusts from bread and cut into 1 inch (2.5 cm) squares. Place half the bread squares in greased 10 inch (30 cm) fluted quiche pan or pie plate. Sprinkle Canadian Cream Cheese cubes and blueberries over bread layer and top with remaining bread squares.
- Whisk together eggs, milk, maple syrup and cinnamon; pour evenly over bread mixture. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from refrigerator 45 minutes before baking. Bake uncovered in 350°F (180°C) oven 40 minutes or until a knife inserted in centre comes out clean. If top is browning too quickly, cover loosely with foil. Dust with icing sugar, slice and serve warm with mixed berries and maple syrup.
You've got choice: * For a change of taste use Canadian Pineapple Cream Cheese or Canadian Cinnamon-Brown Sugar Cream Cheese.