Strawberry Cheesecake TartsPrint Category Cheese Thematic No thematic Source dairygoodness Evaluation
You’re cooking one of our recipes? Share the pictures of your culinary masterpiece on our website for a chance to win an awesome apron from Recipes Quebecoises. There will be a draw every month.
- 1 1/4 cups (300 ml) all purpose flour
- 3 tbsp (50 ml) icing sugar
- 2/3 cup (150 ml) butter, softened
- 1 pkg (250 g) Canadian Cream Cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) all purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup (150 ml) light cream
- 1 tsp (5 ml) grated lemon rind
- 1/4 cup (50 ml) lemon juice
- 3 cups (750 ml) hulled fresh strawberries
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) strawberry jelly
- 1 tsp (5 ml) lemon juice
- Preheat oven at 350ºF (180ºC). Combine 1 1/4 cups (300 ml) flour and icing sugar. Cut in butter until mixture is crumbly.
- Divide dough among six 4 x 1 inch (10 cm x 2.5 cm) tart pans with removable bottoms*. Press dough evenly over bottom and sides of pans; place on baking sheet.
- Beat Canadian Cream Cheese until light. Beat in granulated sugar, 2 tbsp (30 ml) flour and egg. Gradually stir in cream. Blend in lemon rind and 1/4 cup (50 ml) lemon juice. Divide filling evenly among tart pans. Bake 20 to 25 minutes.
- Cool. Arrange berries on tarts. Combine jelly and 1 tsp (5 ml) of lemon juice. Melt over low heat; stir occasionally. Spoon glaze over berries. Chill.
Tips: *Six 4 1/2 x 1 1/4 inch (11 cm x 3 cm) foil tart pans (available at supermarkets) may be substituted.