Best-Ever Butter TartsPrint Category Raisins Thematic No thematic Source dairygoodness Evaluation
You’re cooking one of our recipes? Share the pictures of your culinary masterpiece on our website for a chance to win an awesome apron from Recipes Quebecoises. There will be a draw every month.
- Pastry for double crust
- 9 inch (23-cm) pie*
- 1 cup (250 mL) raisins (optional)
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup (250 mL) corn syrup
- 2/3 cup (150 mL) packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) butter, melted
- Pinch salt
- Preheat oven to 375 °F (190 °C). Roll out pastry and cut into twelve 5 inch (13 cm) circles. Set each circle loosely into 3 inch (7.5 cm) muffin cup. Sprinkle raisins over bottom of each tart shell, if desired, and chill.
- n medium bowl, combine eggs, corn syrup, brown sugar, butter and salt. Pour over raisins. Bake 20 minutes or until set. Cool 5 minutes in pans on wire racks. Remove from pans and let cool completely.
Tips: * Or you can use 2 dozen 3 inch (7.5 cm) frozen tart shells, placed on baking sheets and thawed 10 minutes.