Chocolate and Hazelnut CakePrint Category Chocolate and Fudge Thematic No thematic Source dairygoodness Evaluation
You’re cooking one of our recipes? Share the pictures of your culinary masterpiece on our website for a chance to win an awesome apron from Recipes Quebecoises. There will be a draw every month.
- 4 oz (120 g) semisweet chocolate
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) butter
- 1 1/2 cup (375 mL) granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla extract
- 2 cups (500 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp (5 mL) baking soda
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 1 cup (250 mL) milk
- 2 cups (500 mL) whipping cream
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) chopped hazelnuts
- 10 whole hazelnuts
- In bowl, beat together cream, sugar and vanilla with electric mixer until stiff. Add chopped hazelnuts and mix well. Set aside.
- Spread bottom layer cake with half the icing and cover with second cake. Spread remaining icing on top and garnish with whole hazelnuts.