Easy Strawberry TriflePrint Category Strawberries Thematic No thematic Source dairygoodness Evaluation
You’re cooking one of our recipes? Share the pictures of your culinary masterpiece on our website for a chance to win an awesome apron from Recipes Quebecoises. There will be a draw every month.
- 1 pkg (102 g) vanilla instant pudding mix
- 2 cups (500 ml) milk
- 1 cup (250 ml) vanilla yogurt
- 1 pkg (298 g) frozen pound cake, thawed
- Strawberry jam for spreading
- 1 pkg (425 g) frozen sweetened strawberries, thawed
- Sweetened whipped cream and sliced toasted almonds for garnish
- Prepare pudding mix according to package directions using 2 cups (500 ml) milk. Stir in yogurt; set aside.
- Cut cake into 12 slices. Spread jam over 6 slices; top with remaining 6 slices. Cut slices into cubes. Place cubes in bottom of 6 cups (1.5 L) clear bowl.
- Drain strawberries reserving 1/4 cup (50 ml) syrup. Sprinkle syrup overcake cubes; top with drained strawberries. Pour pudding mixture over fruit in bowl. Cover and chill at least 2 hours or overnight. To serve, garnish with whipped cream and sliced almonds
Variations: Use 2 pints of fresh strawberries for frozen strawberries. Use 1/4 cup (50 ml) strawberry jelly melted or 1/4 cup (50 ml) strawberry jam melted and pressed through a sieve, instead of strawberry syrup