Apple Havarti TossPrint Category Fruits and Grapefruits Thematic No thematic Source dairygoodness Evaluation
You’re cooking one of our recipes? Share the pictures of your culinary masterpiece on our website for a chance to win an awesome apron from Recipes Quebecoises. There will be a draw every month.
- 1 cup (250 mL) sour cream
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) liquid honey
- 2 tsp (10 mL) lemon juice
- 4 cups (1 L) diced, cored red apples
- 1 1/4 cups (300 mL) diced Canadian Havarti* cheese
- 1 cup (250 mL) sliced celery
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) walnut pieces
- Leaf lettuce
- In small bowl, combine sour cream, honey and lemon juice. Chill dressing at least 1 hour to blend flavours.
- Just before serving, combine apples, Canadian Havarti cheese, celery and nuts in large bowl. Pour in dressing and toss lightly to combine. Spoon into lettuce-lined bowl and serve
Tips: Sprinkle diced apples with lemon juice to prevent discolouring.
Variation: For quick and nutritious salads, add Canadian cheese to your garden-fresh salads. Grated, cubed, or sliced, not only does cheese add flavour, it also provides essential proteins that are part of a healthy diet. For a fully balanced meal, serve with a slice of bread.