Havarti-Topped Golden Carrot SoupPrint Category Carrot Thematic No thematic Source dairygoodness Evaluation
You’re cooking one of our recipes? Share the pictures of your culinary masterpiece on our website for a chance to win an awesome apron from Recipes Quebecoises. There will be a draw every month.
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) butter
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) chopped onion
- 3 cups (750 mL) thinly sliced carrots
- 3 cups (750 mL) water
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) uncooked long grain rice
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) chicken broth mix
- 2 cups (500 mL) milk
- Salt and pepper
- Buttered croûtons
- 1 cup (250 mL) shredded Canadian Havarti* cheese
- Chopped parsley
- In large saucepan, melt butter. Sauté onion until tender. Add carrots, water, rice and bouillon mix. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat, cover and simmer 20 minutes or until carrots are tender and rice is cooked.
- Pour mixture in batches into blender container. Cover and blend until smooth. Return mixture to saucepan. Stir in milk; season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Reheat to serving temperature. Ladle into bowls and top with buttered croûtons, Canadian Havarti cheese and parsley.
- Buttered Croûtons:
- Toss 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) bread cubes in 3 tbsp (45 mL) melted butter. Bake at 350 °F (180 °C) 5 to 7 minutes. Turn cubes over; bake 5 to 7 minutes longer. Makes about 1 1/2 cups (375 mL).