Leeks au Gratin with CogruetPrint Category Leek Thematic No thematic Source dairygoodness Evaluation
You’re cooking one of our recipes? Share the pictures of your culinary masterpiece on our website for a chance to win an awesome apron from Recipes Quebecoises. There will be a draw every month.
- 4 large leeks (about 800 gr)
- Salt and pepper
- 1/3 cup (40 g) butter
- 1/3 cup (40 g) flour
- 1 1/4 cups (300 mL) milk
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 5 oz (150 g) thinly sliced Canadian Swiss-type cheese like Cogruet
- A few drops of lemon
- Peel leeks and wash thoroughly. Cut off green parts (may be used in a soup) and boil white parts in salted water for about 15 minutes.
- Make a béchamel sauce from the butter, flour and milk. Add nutmeg. Cook for at least 1 minute, stirring constantly in a figure-of-eight pattern.
- Place cooked leeks in a gratin dish and cover with béchamel. Add lemon to taste. Arrange Canadian Swiss-type Cogruet cheese slices over leeks and bake in oven at 400°F (200°C) for about 10 minutes